Hey everyone – exciting news!!! It seems I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely cynanyx! I actually had no idea what this was, but basically it is bloggers nominating other bloggers whose work they really like 🙂 I was very flattered to receive a nomination, so thank you again cynanyx – (if you haven’t already, you should definitely head over and check out her blog)!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
The blogs I’d like to nominate are:
The Krazy Crazy Life of Kass – this blog follows the exciting life of Kassiopeia Fullbright, and is written by livinasimminlife. There is a lot of background information and spin off stories that add lots of depth and details to Kass’ story!
The Loewe Legacy – This story is set in scenic Monte Vista and follows the story of Kate Loewe. Kate (also the author’s name!) had made extras like photo album and ID cards for the family which I think is really cool!
Jill’s 100 Baby Challenge – What can I say – Jill Thomas sure knows how to get the guys! This is an adults only story that follows Jill’s journey towards having 100 babies. I discovered this one fairly recently and have been really enjoying it! sErindeppity weaves a dramatic and drama filled
The Danevbie Legacy – This blog has actually been nominated a few times, but it is really great, so I’m nominating it again! sErindeppity weaves a dramatic and drama filled supernatural tale that’s definitely worth a read!
There are lots of other blogs I love, but they have all either been nominated already or are on length breaks!
So, onto the questions I was asked…
1. What made you start blogging?
Well… I’ve always enjoyed writing stories and I’ve been playing the sims for many years, starting with my addiction to Sims 2, before I moved on to Sims 3. I’d always put a lot of time and energy into my sims and their stories, but I never thought anyone else would be interested in reading about them. But after I heard about the whole Legacy thing and started reading a few, I thought it would be fun to give it a shot – and if other people read it and enjoyed it then that would be a bonus!
2. If you had to summarize your blog in ten words or less, what would you say?
Ummm… that’s a really difficult question… well the title of my blog says “The rise of the Maldini crime family over ten generations” which is exactly ten words and I guess pretty much sums it up!
3. If you could create a new Sims 3 expansion pack, what would it be? What would it include?
I’d like a proper time travel expansion that went into the past! I love medieval times, and I was really disappointed by Sims Medieval – it looked great and I loved a lot of things about it, but I missed building tools and the freedom of regular Sims games. So yeah, a proper sims medieval game with horse drawn carriages and sword fighting etc.! Then I could create Henry VIII and all his wives again like I did in Sims 2…
4. Reading on a tablet or reading from a printed book?
Both! I do prefer to read off a printed page, but I travel on trains a lot and you can’t beat the convenience of reading on a tablet – and being able to carry a whole library with you wherever you go is awesome!
5. If you could be any character from your story, who would you be, if anyone?
Eek.. that’s hard. Probably Aurora – she’s the heir to this big criminal empire, but she’s got lots of help from her mother and uncle, she’s got a man she loves and two great children. Plus the family was already pretty rich when she was born into it, so she’s never had to work too hard to have the best of everything! Plus I think she’s beautiful 🙂
6. Would you be willing to give up playing The Sims 3 forever for one million dollars (or whatever currency is most commonly used in your country)?
Oh no! I love money and I love the Sims – don’t make me choose!!!
7. Dogs or cats?
CATS! Lol, I do like dogs too, but I’m definitely a cat person (my husband and I have four!).
8. What’s your dream job?
Can I say no job? If someone would pay me to play sims and write stories about them all day that would be great 😀 Although in all seriousness, I do love my actual job! I started my apprenticeship as a jeweller when I was fifteen and I’ve been working as a manufacturing jeweller ever since (nearly ten years now!!!).
9. How much time per day do you usually spend playing The Sims 3?
Sometimes I spend pretty much the whole weekend playing Sims, but other times I don’t get a chance to play at all for weeks 😦
10. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I love sharing my characters and my stories! Knowing people are reading them and enjoying them means so much to me. I get really excited every time someone comments on my blog or even just likes a post.
11. Is there anything else that people should know about you?
I’m very very excited about Star Wars Episode VII coming out later this year!!!
That pretty much sums it up 🙂 I’m a bit nerdy in that I love Star Wars and a lot of other Science Fiction movies, TV series and books. Aside from Sims 3 I also play several other games, most recently Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 2 & 3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed 2 etc. etc. I also love reading, I’m especially a big fan of the classics like Tom Sawyer, Gone With The Wind and the Jane Austin’s (all of them!) plus of course I grew up on Harry Potter and have read them a gazillion times 🙂
Okay! No now I get to ask my nominees 11 questions which are:
- Is there a particular author who’s writing style inspires you who, or who you really admire?
- When did you first start playing The Sims? And did you start with 1, 2 or 3?
- What’s your favorite Sims 3 Expansion?
- Do you write your story and then make the sims play it out with poses etc. or do write a story based on whatever happens in game? Or a bit of both?
- Do you have a favorite type of Sims blog to read (Legacies, Baby Challenges etc.)?
- What fictional character would you like to meet in real life?
- What inspired you to write your Sims blog?
- Do you have a specific song or playlist that you think sums up your story or that you listen to while writing?
- Have you ever had a really weird or funny bug or glitch happen in your game?
- Do you play computer/console games outside of the Sims? If so, what?
- Favorite aspect of the Sims (do you like building, interior decorating, Create-a-sim, actual game-play or just everything about it!)?
That’s about it I think, thanks again for the nomination and thanks for reading everyone!